Coop Agri is a family owned firm based in the “Salento” area, part of the Apulia region in the very south of Italy.
Under the leadership of Baron Francesco Galluccio, Coop Agri’s sole Director, the firm evolved from being a traditional family olive grove and vineyard into a modern business. Coop Agri remains under continuous development and growth with a production and a vision that incorporates Salento’s spirit and traditional focus on wine, olive oil and vegetable production.
Coop Agri covers an area of 200 hectares engaged in the cultivation of:
- Olive oil and table grapes (110 hectares - 55.000 plants);
- "Negramaro", "Malvasia Nera" and "Chardonnay" wine grapes, which are typical of the high Salento area and belong to the Salice Salentino DOC region (50 hectares);
- Vegetables (peppers, artichokes, eggplants, broccoli, tomatoes, etc), produced with certified and organic seeds and destined for domestic and foreign export. Produce is also value added via processing (40 hectares, of which 5 hectares with temperature-controlled greenhouses).
The company’s infrastructure is serviced by roadways and four artesian wells ensuring quick accessibility and quality of the agricultural produce. Coop Agri’s operations comprise of a factory building stretching over c. 5,000 square metres (sqm) including:
- 4,000 sqm dedicated to the vinification plant, an oil-mill, a plant for the processing and packaging of vegetables and table olives employing the Seville method, a plant of pure nitrogen to ensure the production in a controlled atmosphere, an automatic bottling plant (production capability of 2,000 bottles/h in various formats-litre, 750 cc, 500 cc, 250 cc or 150 cans or PET/h of 5 or 3 litres);
- 1,000 sqm used as warehouse for storage (bottles, cartons, agricultural vehicles and equipment for the automatic harvesting).
Coop Agri’s production is diversified across:
- DOC Wines (Denomination of Controlled Origin) and IGT Wines (Typical Geographic Indication), Sparkling Wines produced using the Charmat Method;
- Extra Virgin and Virgin Olive Oil;
- Cellina, Leccina and natural Black table olives: typical indigenous products of Salento;
- Pickled and grilled vegetables.
Coop Agri’s products are packaged and advertised under the following trademarks:
- "Le Tre Terre" Wines and Sparkling Wines (referring to the particular location of the land located at the conjunction of three areas, Lecce, Brindisi and Taranto, the so called “Grande Salento”):
- Galolio (Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Virgin Olive Oil);
- Natura Viva Bio Salento (vegetables and table olives).
Coop Agri's gross production is approximately 1mm Euros and is marketed in Italy and abroad through its own commercial network.
Apart from the company Director, the firm employs 35 persons whose roles and responsibilities cover the different areas of the value chain, from production to sales.
Coop Agri represents an innovative business reality which combines tradition with the latest production techniques.
Coop Agri trust the above overview will be of interest and look forward to hearing from you and to a fruitful business co- operation in the very near future.